Fwd: [RC] [RC] Is Beet Pulp Toxic To Horses? The Real Story - desertrydr1

-----Original Message-----
From: desertrydr1@xxxxxxx
To: lynndeepoo@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 9:06 pm
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Is Beet Pulp Toxic To Horses? The Real Story

I feed beet pulp to all of my adult horses, and fed it to my skinny Shagya filly, who broke her neck as a baby and has her head on crooked, from the time she was 9 months old.  But about the time she was 2, I heard/read (maybe on Ridecamp) that there may be an issue with beetpulp not allowing some minerals to be properly taken up, and that it shouldn't be fed to young horses.  I think an article was sited, and the whole thing made a lot of sense at the time, so I didn't feed my last two babies, now 2 years old and 19 months old, any beet pulp, due to the article.  Susan G. do you remember this?  Care to comment?  jeri