Re: [RC] [AERCMembersForum] Revised Rule 14 - Protests and Grievances - John Teeter

On Nov 19, 2007, at 11:44 AM, Bob Morris wrote:

<The_Revised_Rule_14.doc>

and as a general comment, the rule specifically allocates roles to the Chair of the P&G committee which should be undertaken by the executive director of the organization. Specifically, communications to/from the P&G committee to the membership. I think this should be changed so that it is the Executive Director which conveys and is responsible for these communications. This because there is no corporate oversight with respect to the Chair of the P&G committee; no performance evaluations, no accountability at all beyond removal of the current chair from that position. It would be better (for the board/president) to manage the procedural steps through the job description of the Executive Director (IMO) -?

my specific suggestion; modify the stated rule 14 and replace Chairman of ... ?to Executive Director of where applicable. (also, the phrase "the AERC Office will ..." attributes actions to an entity which is not defined; rather attribute those actions to the Executive Director, which is a defined entity.

jt