Re: Clarification Re: [RC] It's worse than I thought (was: Parelli, etc.) - Elizabeth Chase

Kathy,

The really kewl bit is that you (and others) brought yourselves to those
breakthroughs.

Syntax is going to be awkard here... Folks weren't 'led' there. It was a place
found while working out puzzles that initially folks thought only applied to
their relationship with their horse. Does that make sense?

This is the part of my horsemanship I find so fascinating .... I've had some
breakthroughs... but no meltdowns yet, so that's still an edge I need to find.

Liz

--- Kathy Mayeda <kathy.mayeda@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ya know, you might say that the the instructors aren't psychologist, but
I've had my most amazing personal psychological breakthroughs by
participating in horsemanship clinics.

I was so totally energized from learning equine accupressure from Diana
Thompson.  I had an emotional metldown at a Centered Riding Clinic, ditto at
the BASP instructional camp this year.  It's almost like the eggshell breaks
open and you finally see what you couldn't see before.

Four of us went riding on Mt. Diablo on a fast endurance training pace at
our last fun camp.  One of the husband's was riding on his wife's half-Arab
and was smiling from ear to ear while galloping up the hills.  One of the
other women rode my mare, who a Level 3 person had borrowed to use at the
camp and ended up being too afraid of her to deal with her because she's
used to her low spirited QH.  She was smiling from ear to ear galloping up
the hills on my mare.  I was smiling from ear to ear riding Beau, my retired
endurance horse.  And our leader, on her hairy little Icelandic was tolting
happily behind.  The women riding my mare teased the guy about going to
Parelli land about "did you have youir emotional breakdown?"  So emotional
breakthroughs happen a lot in our horse journeys if you are open them.  I
don't think it's a deliberate part of the program, or any program, but
anything that is an agent of positive personal change, I'm all for it!

K.