Real riding but yeah, white=dirt magnet for me.

Lynne
http://www.photo.lynnesite.com

On Nov 16, 2007, at 9:40 AM, Barbara McCrary wrote:

Sherman, that's how I interpreted the photo. The rider look serene and content, the horse looked eager. I saw mud and sweat, not wounds, on the legs. My only thought was the horse looked like he might have been a cross-bred, but Lynne says she knows the rider and the horse and assures that the horse is truly purebred. I owned a horse that was purebred and he didn't look particularly Arab at all, so they do come in all kinds of packages.

Barbara

----- Original Message ----- From: "sherman" <sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 8:18 AM
Subject: [RC] ad in the EN

I also felt like the ad was showing "real riding" as opposed to someone
all spiffed up & posing for the pic. I looked at the marks on the
pasterns as mud and sweat. Sort of like saying you can get down and
dirty with a tough Arab! And the look on the rider's face told me she
was determined to keep moving on. JMO

Kathy

Frank,

I agree with your comments. I finally located my copy of EN to see it
for myself and also wondered what was all the fuss. I thought the horse
and rider looked like they were have a good time. I felt it depicted
"real" action shot instead of the ones I see in the Arabian horse
magainzine where they have vasoline around their eyes, paint on the
hooves and have been shaved down to the skin.

Susan