[RC] lethargic horse sick? - Dawn Simas

From a friend, any suggestions from past experience?

----- Original Message -----
 I have had problems this past summer and into fall in getting her energy level up, she falls asleep after 10 minutes of lunging, or saddle her up and she'll fall asleep tied to the  post B4 the ride. Stumbles a lot when she gets tired and just can't keep up, doesn not act like an "Arab" acts moe like a Shetland Pony that is really for retirement!

Have an appt Tues for an ultra sound on her heart...  Had the vet do a blood panel & exam on her  last week, when she did annual shots,  results came up with anemia and loss of proteins, than we checked for ulcers and that came up negative. She does have a heart murmer and originally didn't think that ment to much but all else has been ruled out. Her breathing is really strained during hills, has been that way for some time though but the fact that her energy is so low really concerns me she just acts like she doesn't feel good, hangs her head a lot and the spark on her eye is gone. :(:(:(
 This entire summer I have  tried to find the right mix of foods to give her more energy, It started out in June when I was going to do a limited NATRAC ride in August and her performance was really poor even though she was fit she just couldn't keep up and was so tired after rides.

Someone that I talked to said I should do blood work in her and that may help find the problem, in case she was unbalanced  in her nutrition, so that's what I did a week ago and so will have to wait for Tuesdy's evaluation to see what that comes up with.