[RC] Multi Day Training - Vchorsegal

Hi Kim-
  I have frankly been amazed at how many miles my horses can go for days in a row if i ride conservatively ! Even my barbie doll type horse did 2 50s back to back and screamed to go out on day 3 ( my knee hurt, so i opted to not do day 3 that year )
   Your horse sounds like it has a base to do your schedule, I would use most of the time allowed.  I always warm up really well for day 2 & beyond, usually hiking out a while to loosen myself up also. If the horse has "race brain" a 50 is usually better so they learn about life ! ( Eating, drinking, peeing well ! ) I like to start after the dust of the front runners has settled and set my own pace.  I like to use a heart monitor, as a horse just a bit under the weather may not feel very different, but the heart rates may help you know more !
   Eat & drink well yourself, as your partner will also know how you feel !  Have Fun !  - Heidi Helly