[RC] Aussies coming to the USA! - Jay Randle

Hi All

Due to the ongoing Equine Influenza outbreak here in Australia, a small group of keen endurance riders (8 at the moment... could increase numbers) have decided we'd be better off visiting the USA and meeting some of you!!!

So, we are coming to invade your turf!  We have planned a month-long tour, following this basic itinerary:

13 Feb Arrive LA
15 Feb Drive to Baker for Eastern Mojave ride
19 Feb Drive to Las Vegas
20 Feb Drive to Grand Canyon
21 Feb Drive to Scottsdale for Arabian Show
24 Feb Fly to Lexington to inspect 2010 WEG facilities
28 Feb Fly to Reno for AERC Convention
3 Mar Fly to LA
7 Mar Drive to Ridgecrest for 20 Mule Team ride
10 Mar Drive to LA
11 Mar Fly to Australia

We have already organised our accommodation in Las Vegas, Scottsdale and Reno (see you at the Convention!), and we have arranged transportation (passenger van), however I'd like some assistance if possible with the following (all ideas greatfully received):

Lexington KY:  We will tour the KY Horse Park on Wed 27th Feb, but need to know what else we can do in the area?  Could we meet up with local endurance riders?  Could we tour any endurance facilities in the area?  As part of this trip is to discover what facilities would be available for the Australian Endurance Team for WEG 2010, we would also like to discuss arrangements with anyone who could provide the Australian Team with a base of operations during WEG.

CA endurance rides:  5 of our number would be most interested in riding in either or both the Eastern Mojave and the 20 Mule Team rides.  All are very experienced and capable riders, and all have multiple horses available here in Australia for reciprocal rides, either AERA or FEI.  Would anyone in the area be willing to host a rider for either of these rides?

Reno NV:  We are booked into Circus Circus, and will be attending the AERC Convention and trade show.  All members of the group are very keen to meet as many of you as possible.  Is there anything you'd like us to bring over?  Or any information you'd like us to research/provide?  We are also very interested in looking at your saddles, tack and other endurance equipment.... hopefully the group members won't buy TOO much gear!!

Scottsdale AZ:  Although we will be attending the Arabian Show, we'd also like to catch up with any local endurance riders there too!  Is there any chance of a ride in the desert?  Or what else should we be looking at in the area?

Thanks to all of you in advance!  We are soooo bored with life in Australia at the moment with no opportunity to ride, it's just not funny!  Absolutely looking forward to this fabulous trip to the USA......

Best regards

Jay Randle
SPLENDACREST ENDURANCE TRAINING
www.freewebs.com/splendacrest

Join Lavalife for free. What are you waiting for?