Re: [RC] shoes and collapsing hips - Laney Humphrey

What do you mean by collapse hip?
Laney

Leah McGregor wrote:
The shoes will absolutely make or break you. I had foot surgery last year and started out riding this season in a pair of the ugliest, thick soled black boots I was wearing in the snow around the barn........I love them now for riding. You know when I was younger I could ride in anything, sit on anything, now everything is pretty much othopedic LOL
If your stirrups feel right at the beginning of the ride and too long later on in the ride your muscles are tighening up and contracting. If you need to shorten them for safety then do, but I think after some more distance and work you'll get your muscles use to the work and they will stay lengthened for you, especially if your having foot pain. Change the shoes then see how things go with the stirrups.
I have that collapse hip thing going on also, and I"m surprised at how many women do. I think/suspect we can blame it on our design for childbearing.
I've had a few chir adjustments this last year and one this fall that made a huge difference. I had the best rides this fall afterwards. My R. foot that has turned out for decades when I stand, walk, ride is now in alignment, no back ache/pain riding amazing...I need to remember to call that Dr. and thank him.

--
Leah McGregor
www.hungarianhorse.com <http://www.hungarianhorse.com>