[RC] Toe pain, stirrup length, etc. - sherman

Hi Mike,

There are other problems that might also be causing the pain. One of my
toes started feeling like it was badly bruised or broken. After a couple
of months, I took a good look at the foot barefooted, put lots of
pressure on them, and saw that one toe was putting pressure on another
toe. Not for any particular reason. I solved the problem by using a soft
gel toe spacer. Doesn't really sound like your pain is similar, just
saying you should take a look at your foot barefooted and see if you can
see anything going on.

And yes, I used to have that problem with stirrups as well, even had to
use a knee brace for awhile. For some unknown reason, the stirrups feel
fine for the entire ride now and I don't need the brace anymore.

Kathy

I rode my first ride since May (an LD ride for Heaven's sake!) on
Saturday, and noted considerable pain in my right foot on the joints of
the littlest 2-3 toes.? The pain was like I'd expect if I stood with a
metal pole underneath that part of my foot for more than a few minutes.
?
It is possible that I'm weighting one stirrup more than another (I
promise that my legs are not the same length)--will check on that when I
can get my wife to spot check my riding position--but has anyone else
experienced a similar issue and found a resolution?? I'm riding EZ-ride
stirrups--ample padding is present--so I'm a bit surprised that I'd have
foot/toe pain at all unless there is a shoe problem as well.? The little
toe isn't pressing up against the stirrup, as I've experienced once
with?English stirrups that were too narrow for me.
?
Changing position frequently alleviated the problem for the rest of the
ride, but I still need to find the root cause and correct it.
?
On another note... has anyone noticed that stirrups that feel the right
length at the start of a ride seem too long halfway through the ride??
Am I the only one with this problem?
?
Working out issues such as these are one reason I am grateful for LD
rides--55 miles of this would have been tough to take.
?
?
Thanks again,
?