Re: [RC] [RC] LD trail trash - Ranelle Rubin

Mike,

That is not true that most of us have lost touch. I have been a single mom most of my adult life..raised two boys. I rode other people's horses. It has only been recently that I have the luxury of riding when I want. I just finally attempted my first Tevis after 20 yrs of crewing for it! I only have about 1300 miles (some are not on my record 'cause they were in the 80's)..They are there if you look hard enough, but not on the first look. That is all I could afford to do.

We all do what we can do and want to do in relation to this sport. If you can do a 25 do it. If you want to stay at that distance, do so. No big deal. I even get tired of people asking me when my next ride is. Right now, my business is my priority. My clients are getting my energy, riding is my release, not my focus right now.

I have to say, though that if you want to find someone to help you condition it is not impossible. Last spring I put an ad on Craigslist, and found a lovely lady who is a wonderful rider to ride my mare. Her own horse was recovering from colic surgery. In the summer, I have a college student who rides with me. I don't pay them, they are happy to have a horse to ride.

Creativity is the solution..just put it out there, and the law of attraction will help you get whatever it is you are looking for.

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor
raneller@xxxxxxx