[RC] [Endurance Riding: News] All systems go for Sultan’s Cup Terengganu Endurance... - Steph Teeter

Posted by Malaysia Equestrian Blogspot

After months of planning, everything is ready to go for the Sultan’s Cup Terengganu Endurance Challenge 2007 from 9th to 11th November 2007 at the Terengganu International Endurance Park (TIEP) in Lembah Bidong, Terengganu.

Forty-one riders from 14 participating countries including Argentina, Brazil, United States, Japan, Spain, Italy, France, Belgium, Portugal, Qatar, UAE, South Africa, Australia and Malaysia together with their horses have been in Terengganu for the past three weeks training and acclimatising themselves to our hot and humid weather, and also familiarising themselves with the race route covering a multitude of terrains where they will do seven loops to cover a distance of 160km.

“The Organising Committee, the technical staff and everyone involved in the Sultan’s Cup Terengganu Endurance Challenge 2007 has been working very hard to ensure that the event is successful. And I believe it will be, with all the preparation work that has put in to make this event happen,” said YBhg. Datuk Seri Dr. Salleh Mohd Nor, Vice Chairman of Yayasan DiRaja Sultan Mizan, the Organiser of the event.

The race itself will be flagged off on 10th November at 4.30pm by Yang Amat Berhormat Dato’ Seri Hj Idris Bin Jusoh, Menteri Besar of Terengganu at TIEP, and is expected to run through the night with the riders finishing the 160km challenge some 10 to 12 hours later, the next morning.

It will be an exciting and challenging race as the world’s top endurance riders will be competing in the competition together with our Supreme Ruler Seri Paduka Baginda Yang DiPertuan Agong Al-Wathiqu Billah Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin Ibni Al-Marhum Sultan Mahmud Al-Muktafi Billah Shah.

Both the world’s No.1 and No. 2 ranked riders, Jack Begaud from France and Maria Mercedes Alvarez Ponton from Spain, are participating in this event.

Apart from the race proper, there will be plenty of other activities happening during the Sultan’s Cup Terengganu Endurance Challenge 2007. There will be a carnival on the grounds of the TIEP from 9th to 11th November in-conjunction with the race that is open to the public. Visitors will be able to enjoy games, rides, entertainment and also concerts by local artistes.

“We hope everyone will come to TIEP for the event,” said YBhg Datuk Seri Dr. Salleh. “It’s not only an event for horse lovers but for all. We are sure they will have a good time at the Sultan’s Cup.”

This year’s Sultan’s Cup Terengganu Endurance Challenge is also significant because it serves as the official trial event for the FEI World Endurance Championship 2008 which will be held at the same venue in Terengganu next year.

Posted by Malaysia Endurance at 12:15 PM

--
Posted By Steph Teeter to Endurance Riding: News at 11/09/2007 05:49:00 PM