[RC] Publishing a List (was: Mariposa Protest) - k s swigart

Mike Maul said:

We don't have a list of sanctioned riders or
non-paying members such as AHA does
because we have so few.

As far as I am concerned there is no excuse for this, especially since
"we have so few."  If we have so few, the argument of "it is too much
trouble for busy people" holds absolutely no water.

At the very minimum the AERC should publish a list of people (members
and non-members alike) who are "not in good standing" (which is what
USEF calls them) to which ride managers can refer so that they may deny
entry to these people at their rides.

And yes, both members and non-members should be put on this list for
violating AERC rules or for failing to pay their outstanding bills
associated with endurance rides.

Presumably the AERC HAS a list somewhere (one would HOPE that the AERC
knows who protests have been filed against).  Publishing a list that you
already have is no trouble at all.  If the AERC doesn't even have such a
list, then it is falling down on the job indeed, and again the "it is
too much trouble for busy people" holds no water, since keeping an up to
date list is FAR less trouble than having to reconstruct it if
necessary.

We live in an age where publishing is EASY...and very cheap.  The AERC
already publishes the Endurance News, addling a short list at the end of
people not in good standing would be no trouble at all.  Putting such a
list on the web-site shouldn't be all that much trouble either.

It would also be a good way for ride managers (and ride vets??) to be
able to communicate when they have been stiffed.

There is no excuse for the AERC not to keep and publish such a list.
And no reasons that non-members cannot be on it.

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:)

"Le meilleur que je sais les hommes le plus que j'aime mon
cheval."--Catherine the Great