[RC] New PS region ride on 11/24/07: entries available now for Tejon Ranch 30/50 - Lisa Schneider

The Tejon Ranch 30/50 ride entry is available now. (Note that the LD is a 30
miler, not a 25 as was previously listed.) You can download the
entry/flyer from the AERC calendar since the ride is now listed there. You
can also enter online at the ride website, www.californios.net, but you will
still need the flyer for the updated directions and general info. The flyer
will be available from the website this weekend but is accessible from the calendar now.

SPECIAL NOTE: THERE IS A $10 DISCOUNT FOR ENTRIES POSTMARKED BY 11/15/07!
Whether you choose to enter online or use hardcopy, if you get your check
postmarked by 11/15, you can deduct $10 off the entry fee.

We were out at Tejon Ranch the other day scouting trails and we're really
excited about these new areas. The footing is great and I think I saw one
rock, but it may have been some cow poop :)
The ranch foreman, who was showing us the trails, was so amazed at the
fitness of endurance horses and in awe of the riders at the Fandango ride
who rode multiple days. The ranch folks are used to the trail riding groups
who come out to do a grand total of five miles with stops every mile or so
for a rest.

We need some drag riders, so if your horse is not necessarily in shape for
the longer distance, you can ride a loop and get in some slow conditioning
miles while helping us remove the ribbons.

If you have any questions, you can email me at honeybear3371@xxxxxxxxxxxx or
call Marge and Vern Biehl at 661-724-1060.

Hope to see you there,
--Lisa Schneider for Marge and Vern