Re: [RC] LD's are needed! - Beth Walker

I think that if LD's were removed from the sport, there would quickly be no more sport, as the various RM's went into the red. ?

As someone who is accumulating more aches and pains every year ... ?I did my first 50 in October. ?I will try for a few more, but if I can't figure out how to avoid knees that are bruised and aching for 3 weeks after the ride - I'm going back to 25's. ?They are fun, I get to sleep in, and I don't trash my body (which doesn't rebound nearly as fast as it used to). ?

BTW - If people are worried about LDs being "races", then change the top 10 / BC award for an LD. ?There could be two awards: ?highest vet score, and make the "top 10" a different score: ?overall vet score + placing points based on order of finish. ?BC would then add the BC exam to the "top 10" horses, and BC would be the top score in that. ??

Just a thought. ? ?