[RC] unsubscribe - melinda harrelson

melinda harrelson

From: SandyDSA@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 15:02:23 -0500
Subject: [RC] New sub
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, I find the current thread about abuse and its relations very good actually - some true attention to a real problem. I do have a question on another subject.

We have a 12 year old mare who done several LDs and I THINK 2 50s - top tenned once....my daughter rode her. She is the dam of our exceptional yearling filly, Romance, and this mare is a good 15 hands of sofa comfort to ride. She is like an easy chair at a working trot! She is kind, not spooky, and an easy keeper. So what's the prob you say?? She is VERY blonde (no offense to the blondes out there). I call her the Tourist, because EVERYTHING is of interest to her, which would not be troublesome since she is not a spook - until she forgets where to put her feet. She is like a Laurel and HArdy scenario then (am I dating myself?). She will stare at a bird in a tree, and I think she is thinking "wow, a BIRD!!!!"; then she maybe trips over her own foot, then her head goes up to balance herself, then she smacks her mouth on the bit and goes OUCHIE! then down she goes and has to scramble to catch herself. Now mind you this full scenario has not fully been played out to the point of going DOWN - and only a handful of times has she actually made me LIVe this scenario - but she continues her slightly blonde ways.

She is related to my dear departed old Abu Farwa Fadjur mare who had NO sense of humor and relatively  no fear - but who in her early years had some goofy issues and no sense of humor whatever. My old girl never really came in to her own until she was about 13 or 14, and became stupendous at 15 or so. She died at almost 31. My questions - opinions please - I feel that this younger mare even at 12 is worth spending more time on before we resign ourselves to her being  a broodmare. She is comfy to ride - especially after me having to ride the Jackhammer for all these years - my Raffon mare who hits like a ton of bricks - What do you all think? I believe that she needs to go to Suzy and maybe she can make a man out of her:). She certainly has demonstrated that she CAN do it - but as my daughter said "mom, you have to RIDE her EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!"

Okay shoot!

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com

Boo!?Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live OneCare! Try now!