RE: [RC] how to rate a ride - Susan E. Garlinghouse, DVM

Using algebra is fine when the trail is consistent the entire way.  Very often, you’ll have a few miles of perfect footing where you can make good time, followed by a three mile straight-up hill, followed by another few miles of boulder-hopping, all of which either require or will allow faster or slower speed.  Ask Truman sometime about sugar sand in the SE.

Susan Garlinghouse, DVM