[RC] Mariposa mess - Nancy

This is not a new syndrome, but it does need a name.  How about Smart Ass Syndrome or SAS for short?  Problem is this syndrome is very prevalent in the teenage population and in some female types at certain times of the moon <VBG>.  So, when we see the dreaded behaviors indicative of SAS we can warn the management, vet, neighbor “hey, rider number 101 has SAS watch out.”  I am happy to say I have never, ever suffered from this syndrome because I suffer from terminally stupid syndrome or TSS.  This of course can be closely related to the other form of TSS, toxic sock syndrome.  ;>)  XXOX Nancy Reed

From Don Huston:

Also since it was obvious that this cowboy at Mariposa was a newbie maybe some special warnings from the Vet and/or RM before and during the ride should become standard procedure for newbies suffering from "smart ass" and remind them that "yes, how you treat your horse is definitely our business". Something extra stern BEFORE they override their horse for those who refuse indoctrination.

Don Huston