[RC] [RC] Be part of the solution - Patti

Didn't someone just mention that there are  requirements of some sort for
newcomers in Australia?

It's outlined on their website - http://www.aera.asn.au/ (National Rules - Rider Rules). I see it as addressing pacing and management w/o the "judging" that some don't like in CTR.

As a long time "wannabee" who, if things go right, may have my young mustang ready next summer, I would have no problem participating in a structure like this to ensure both my horse's and my own safey and well being. Rather, I would consider progressing from training to novice to "real" endurance membership as an earned accomplishment (except I'd understand it better in miles instead of kilometers). And there is provision for regressing "experienced" riders back to "novice" status so an "endurance" status isn't a free ticket to over riding.

The Horse Rules - while I could see people objecting to the microchip requirement - are protective of both new and experienced horses.

Kind of makes the whole endurance community your mentor.

Patti K
Vail AZ