[RC] limited distance elevator ride - Sbolinge

If the 50 mile distances were set up as combination elevator rides...you could either enter the 50  or the elevator 50. If you enter the elevator 50 you can quit at any vet check and you only get credit for your miles, not your placing. That way those who know they don't want to do 50 miles for whatever reason can still participate. And those old timers who are entering the entire 50 and plan to go slow can still mentor new riders who only plan to go part way. The  biggest problem would be that entry fee would have to be the same whether you enter the elevator or the entire 50. And I am not sure what you would do about awards.  I would think a certificate with completed miles to the elevator riders would suffice. I think there is a place for those who want to do the shorter distances (I am one of them) and they should get credit for their miles, just  no reason to have the shorter distances be competitive in any way.  Just also want to say that I have seen abuse at the upper levels of endurance, often subtle and well disguised but definitely there.                          Sandy Bolinger