[RC] Be part of the solution! - Ranelle Rubin

Bruce,

In my professional work, I teach my teams and their Doctors that when you identify the problem, you must be willing to be part of the solution.

I, for one, would welcome the opportunity to mentor folks through their first rides. I have two ladies I am currently coaching, and I am having a blast.

One wanted me to ride her horse on her first ride since purchasing her. I instead told her I would ride with her, and stay with her. We won't go until next spring when her mare can ride a "mid-pack" pace. The mare did two 50's before she got her and is 12..so this is totally doable. She is learning to pace her horse, read her heart monitor, and safely camp with her horse..She has successfully worked through some tack issues, and is well on her way to becoming an endurance rider..even joined AERC last month.

I personally feel there needs to be a more formal mentoring..maybe even a requirement of doing their first ride with a mentor? I feel a good use of funds available would be to defray the entry cost of folks who are willing to ride as an official mentor for a first time rider. They could be identified as such by an "M" on their horse's butt.

Count me in if you want help!

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor