Re: [RC] RE:Susan G.'s response to what's in YOUR Mash? - Jody Rogers-Buttram

I LOVE my Ultium.  I refused to use it for a while, was so loyal to my Omelene 100.  But, I will say that my feed bill is less than 1/2 what it was before...even feeding something that costs nearly $15/bag.  My ponies are doing great on it, Rose has had no more tie-ups...the only one that I can say, I would like more weight on Cash.  He  is thinner than I like...but he has done 4 100 mile rides too.  Rose actually gained some weight...which she didn't need to.

Anyway...I love it.

Jody

Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I did a bit of an experiment between Ultium and XTN when Ultium came
out. They are fairly close - except Ultium is pelleted and XTN is a
textured feed. I found that I needed to feed more Ultium than XTN to
maintain the same weight. Since Ultium cost more - that didn't seem to
make sense.