Re: [RC] Guns at ridecamp - Jody Rogers-Buttram

 I agree to some extent.  But, this past weekend at Spook Run, with the creepy people that were hanging out in the woods, it wasn't so easy.  These folks were seen by other riders, and they had ran at their horses with stick and yelling from the sides of the trail.  Obviously trying to spook the horse.  So, when Joni and I headed back out in the dark, we were aware of the possiblity of them being there, but in the dark, we can't see them.  We had lights on the horses so it would have been easy for them to find us.  If they *had* been in the woods, in the dark, that could have turned really ugly really fast.  Definitely gives one a creepy feeling.

Jody

Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It's quite easy on a horse to know well in advance if there is
someone in the woods with you and it's quite easy to work your way
around them if necessary. In fact you should know they are there before
they even detect you are there.