Re: [RC] staying warm at rides - desertrydr1

Hi Jonni,

The coldest night I ever spent camped at a ride was in the horse end of the horse trailer.  My son, who was about 10 or 11, and I each slept on one of those cheap plastic & aluminum fold out chairs.  It took us a while to get settled because at first we had trouble getting the dang things to stay up when we got in.  They'd collapse, and we got to giggling so bad, after we did get in, we kept having them collapse because we were shaking them from laughing so hard!  Then, when we finally did get settled in, it just kept gettting colder and colder.  It was like that metal had stored up a whole bunch of cold and was turning it loose on us.  It was actually colder inside the trailer than it was outside when I got up at 6AM the next morning.  Most fun and most miserable night I ever spent at a ride all in one.  jeri

-----Original Message-----
From: Tx Trigger <txtrigger@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Ridecamp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 8:13 am
Subject: [RC] staying warm at rides

If you sleep in a camper, or in the nose of a gooseneck trailer, also consider if the cold is coming up from below you. Make sure you have insulation, or even a tarp under your bed. Not all campers and LQ trailers have been insulated the same, and I found that I was feeling the cold from below me. Kind of like the days of tent camping and putting a barrier down on the ground under your bedding.
Jonni