[RC] Generators at 3:30 a.m. - Susan E. Garlinghouse, DVM

It seems to me that if a neighbor feels the need to crank up a generator at 3:30 a.m. for anything other than a veterinary or medical emergency, than it should also be fair to expect them to cook a hot breakfast, including eggs to order, bacon, pancakes and real coffee, for everyone within earshot.

Say, within 400 yards.  And deliver it to your door.  For that matter, if they're having that much trouble finding things to do at 3:30 a.m., they should feel free to manure-pick around my horses, as well.

There just isn't that big a trick to feeding a horse quietly without turning on stadium lights and flinging buckets about.  Or hey, even giving it to the horse the night before---there's nothing nutrition-wise that any horse needs 2-4 hours before a ride that he can't eat and metabolize as well, or even a lot better, the night before.

Susan Garlinghouse, DVM