From: Gary Fend
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 9:47 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Heaters in trailers

The molecular weight of CO is about the same as air so I don't think  it would sink to the bottom of the trailer.  In fact, since it is a  product of incomplete combustion, and therefore warm, it would rise to the top of the trailer.  Open your roof vent and you should be safe from CO poisoning.

Gary

Mike Lewis <mikelewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
CO tends to sink to the bottom of the trailer (where, most likely, your heater resides and you do not reside) and therefore should result in a shutoff of the heater in certain situations (preferably before asphyxiation...)

Mike