[RC] Lake Sonoma 50, CA - Lucy Chaplin Trumbull

Lake Sonoma was once again a most excellent ride at the
weekend. This is the third time I've done this ride and I think
it's one you just keep going back to.

RM Jennifer Neihaus, aided by family and volunteers, did a
great job and my only complaint is that next year she should
be sure to get more Ben & Jerry's at the finish - it had run out
by the time us slow-pokes got there. Talk about pain and
distress :)))

Seriously - it was a great ride.  Many thanks to them!!

I managed to take a bunch of video of the second half (it
was foggy in the morning, so I wasn't able to get much from
then) of riding buddies Katie Azevedo and Shrimp, as well
as Roo and I.

Unfortunately, YouTube does tend to mangle the resolution
somewhat, so it's a bit grungy, but gives you an idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v51JZERj7o

P.S. during the video, we race a speed boat on the lake (they
won), discuss a bird box high up on a tree in the lake, as well
as pass an empty nest box in a tree (you can't make out what
it is on the YouTube version, which is why I mention it, in case
people are thinking "huh?".)

Oh, and I ran my catalytic heater all night long at the ride,
even though it wasn't even *that* cold - it sure helped the
achy parts - mostly received from having to change a stupid
truck tyre on the way to the ride.

Lucy Chaplin Trumbull
elsietee AT foothill DOT net
Repotted english person in the Sierra foothills, CA