[RC] Lake Sonoma 50- Simply Awesome! - Cynthia LeDoux

What an amazing, must do, ride!  ~ 100 riders started in the heavy coastal
fog under a full harvest moon setting to the west with the sun burning
thru the fog on the east amidst a glorious Sonoma County fall October
morn.  Think Thoreau and Walden Pond!  This all occurred after a well
organized, informative, and brief ride meeting by ride manager Jennifer
Niehaus.  She is extraordinary:  a great family woman, wife, mother, an
international AERC rider, and business woman...  Simply amazing.

At one point there is an out and back where everyone receives one of those
trendy rubber "one word" bracelets to prove that you rode the section.
The one I  was given  was stamped with the word "courage". Very
appropriate and I needed some since I was riding my daughter's horse Sam
on his  first test ride since his  adenoidectomy in August. The footing
was outstanding after the light rain we had earlier this month and the
fall colors of both the maples and vineyards were incredibly beautiful.
See, there are seasons in California.  After 50 fantastic miles of riding,
Sam finished sound!  The ride finishes over looking the lake where Sam and
I shared a Ben and Jerry's ice cream from Jen's  ice cream cart!  Doesn't
get any better than this...  Thank you Jennifer for a fabulous ride and
congrats to my friend Betsy Adamson for winning it!