Re: [RC] [RC] GENERATORS - Maryben Stover

If you have to have heat. use the generator to charge the battery and use the battery to run the heater.  I have a generator (a quiet Honda) but about the time it gets dark at the summer rides (about 8:30 or 9:00) I turn it off if not sooner.  I don't turn it on in the am until people are starting to stir and turn lights on and stuff.  Actually I have never used the microwave in 6 years I have had the trailer.  (Although the kids use it.)  I have only turned the AC on twice a year to make sure it still works.  Course living in California helps.  Although as someone posted, there is nothing like Ridgecrest in January.  Believe me, that desert gets really cold...........mb

On 10/29/07, Susan Cushing <5sus@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think we need a set of "Ethical Standards for the Use of Generators."
>> Any one else want to add to the list?

How about not running your generator right next to the starting lline of a ride while the ride is starting???

Susan