[RC] breeds in endurance and any thoughts on pacers? - Charles & Mary Coleman

I am a little prejudice but my Morgans done just fine in endurance. Hawk is closing in on 5K AERC miles and hopefully we will earn the decade team next year.
Now I need another horse and am thinking about looking at a Standardbred my only concern is he's a pacer. Are there many of them out there? Mary