[RC] Bey Shah Temperment - Kim Hudson

I have to chime in on this one because I find it funny how the conversation started out asking about Andalusian/Arab crosses, then went to proving stallions, and now to Bey Shah temperments!

Since I have owned two Bey Shahs and now an Andalusion/Arab cross this conversation is getting interesting!

I currently have a 12 yr old Bey Shah grandson.  After trying 4 LDs and 1 50 on him last year I have decided that he is definitely not cut out mentally for this sport.  I had no notion that I would ever be doing endurance when I purchased this horse, I just fell in love with him because he reminded me so much of my Bey Shah son.

The Bey Shah grandson is what I would call a very "reactive" horse.  He is an incredible athlete, but it just takes too much work on my part to manage him at a ride and I'm exhausted afterwards!

The Bey Shah son that I purchased years ago, as a 7 yr old,  was big and beautiful and very hot!  Being new to arabs, I just thought they were all this way!  Anyway, I trail rode the tar out of that horse and he became a wonderful, dependable partner that probably would have excelled in endurance( had I known about the sport at the time).  He loved to camp and go new places.  He had an amazing, huge trot and was just a alot of fun to ride.  Sadly, I lost this boy at age 15 due to a colic.

I have always found it interesting that my Bey Shah son was by far the easier horse to manage than, my Bey Shah grandson.  I would have thought for sure, being further removed from Bey Shah, that my current horse would have been the easier of the two.

So for now my Bey Shaw grandson is pretty much back to just being a trail horse, and a most beautiful pasture ornament, while I start putting in the long slow miles on my young Andalusian/ Arab!

Kim