[RC] We ARE describing the SHAGYA! - Donna Coss

"Additionally, a really good endurance horse can cross disciplines into just about anything and do a creditable job, even if he isn't at the top of the game. He can adapt to dressage, reining, racing (usually they do that first), jumping, driving, whatever--because they have the general ability to be overall athletes. Many top endurance horses do have other "careers"--either during off-seasons or at other times in their lives. They are survivalists, and tend to adapt to whatever they are asked."
"If I were to breed her to a stallion to produce an endurance horse, I would look for a stallion that passes on 1) good, solid disposition, 2) work ethic, 3) sound conformation and 4) athletic ability (getting down the trail efficiently"!

Thanks to Kat & Kathy, yes, you are listing all of the good characteristics that the Shagya breed already has been bred for and these
traits have been set for over 200 years. And, yes, unfortunately, there are not enough Shagya in the U.S. to have a good presence in the endurance world, but slowly they are winning admirers! And now is a perfect time to begin a breeding program, as I am certain this
breed will finally have enough numbers to begin an impact upon the sport horse world!

I have a perfect prospect here at my farm. She is 1/4 Thoroughbred and 1/4 Arabian and half Shagya and reg. Anglo Shagya, which is
a new breed recognized by the American Shagya Arabian Verband, Inc. She is similar in her breeding to what the French are doing
to produce their endurance prospects. This coming 3 yr. old filly is for sale--name-- DAVANI

DJC
www.shagyasport.com

www.shagya-arabs.com/asav