[RC] Class C Motorhomes - Bruce Weary

Hi Sheila--
I have had a few different motorhomes over the years, and the one we have now is, in my opinion, the one best suited for endurance riding. It is a 23 ft Class C, which means it has the "van" front end, rather than the look of a bus. It can be parked in a city parking space, as it is no longer than an extended cab long bed pickup truck. The frame is all one piece, rather than a truck frame with an extension welded on to add length to the coach. This makes it more solid and suitable for towing. It is a one and a half ton frame, as opposed to a one ton. The length of coach that extends past the rear axle is only about 4 1/2 feet, also better for towing in regard to tongue weight and vehicle stability. Too much coach hanging past the rear axle makes for less stability and more strain on the frame. It has a Ford V10, so it has plenty of power, and the convenience of gasoline use instead of harder to find diesel.With it's 50 gallon capacity, I have better than a 300 mile range before refueling. It also has a slide-out, which makes an incredible difference inside for roominess. I like the shorter overall length of coach and trailer for getting in and out of gas stations, as well as parking at rides and, of course, the ability to back up with greater agility and handling. It sleeps five, and we have fed eight people in it before. It has the usual amenities--generator, roof A/C, full bathroom, furnace, dinette, sofa, etc.,. It is also equipped with roof mounted high capacity solar panels (not trickle chargers) so I never run out of electricity, as well as a power inverter so we can watch a movie without having to run the generator. The A/C and microwave do require the generator.
I like being able to exit the driver's and passenger's doors at ground level, like a car, instead of having to climb down from up high, as in a Class A. It's very stable on the road, and more resistant to wind drafts than the Class A's I have had. You can drive it one handed, like a car, instead of wrestling white-knuckled with a bigger rig. I never could sleep when Dayna had to drive a Class A, as it was overwhelming and a little scary for her. Now I can relax and know that we are as safe as when she is driving a car...........................Wait a second.....................let me rephrase that................. Good luck, Bruce