Re: [RC] [RC] she needs another saddle, help - Karen Sullivan

Hi Nancy,
I also have a gelding who is the widest horse at the base of the
withers/shoulders I have every owned.  Everything was too narrow,
except the Sensation hybrid.  This is a treeless saddle made in Canada
by Nickers Saddlery.  There is a gullet for spine relief, and a
:butterfly piece" that helps distribute weight from the rider and
stirrups.

The saddle comes with a movable stirrup piece, but also has different
options for how you hang them.  First of all, they can be moved foward
and back and hung from the top ring like standard saddle.  Second,
there is a "hard use" feature, which runs the leather from the top
ring, through the stirrup top.and attatched at the bottom of the flap
to special rigging which distributes rider weight throughout the whole
saddle.

Third, you can hang the stirrups in the "endurance use", which is a
shorter leather that comes just off the bottom attatchment of the
flap.  This is what has worked best on the wide gelding...

The pommel is firmly stuffed, so it has some give to it...

The saddle can be ordered in a variety of options, flap length and
shape, as well as
movable knee blocks, different seat foams, etc.  Many parts are
replaceable, and there are also bolsters to change cantle angle, and
seat size, etc.

A lot of thought and time has gone into this saddle design; and so
far, no problems at all I haven't been able to tweak.  Very
comfortable saddle for both rider and horse.

Karen