Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.5343 Spin & GSFHR - Chipnml

Kim, that is exactly what I thought when I finally got around to reading the article.  In fact, I left a comment saying I felt the guy (or the reporter) was making too big a deal about finishing with a Quarter Horse.  I pointed out that the horse with the most Tevis completions was a Quarter Horse, and the OLDEST horse to complete Tevis was also a Quarter Horse.  I also mentioned my friend, Tracy Blue, who has done the Shore to Shore in MI (5 days, 250 miles) for years now with her Quarter Horse, Blue.  I also had to add that one of the top mileage horses in the country is an Icelandic Pony.  I finished by saying if he rode wisely, with his horse's welfare coming first, he had my respect.  I haven't heard back from anyone.  If this guy is trying to be a maverick, he's picked the wrong discipline!  Seems to me endurance riding is consistes of of nothing BUT mavericks!