[RC] DMSO - k s swigart

Jody said:

I have looked and asked EVERYONE....there seems
to be no clear answer. So, does anyone HERE know
the withdrawal time for DMSO???

DMSO is di-methyl sulfide--the same thing as MSM without the O (oxygen).

If your question about withdrawl time is "how long does it take for its
effects to wear off?"  The answer probably depends upon what effects you
were hoping for.  If I were using DMSO to treat a condition, I would
want to let the effects of the drug wear off to see if it had
successfully treated the condition.

If your question, instead, was "how long before its administration
doesn't show up in a blood test?"  It probably depends on what they were
testing for.  The oxygen isn't going to show up at all, ever, the
"methyl" probably won't either.

Excessive amounts of sulfur (the only other ingredient) might show up,
but how long it takes for those excessive amounts to return to normal
would depend on how much of the stuff you put in the horse in the first
place.

However, one of the other attributes of DMSO is not what is contained in
the DMSO itself, but rather its ability, when applied to the skin, to
carry whatever else is with it into the blood stream.  So if you apply
DMSO mixed with??? to your horse's leg, then whatever you mixed in with
it is going to end up inside the horse (as will anything else on the
horse's skin).  DMSO turns things that are topical into things that are
not topical.

Probably the reason you haven't gotten a clear answer to "what is the
withdrawl time of DMSO?" is that you aren't asking a question with a
clear answer.  I depends on how you administered it, why you
administered it, how much you administered, what else you administered
it with, AND what you mean by "withdrawl time."

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:)

"Le meilleur que je sais les hommes le plus que j'aime mon
cheval."--Catherine the Great