[RC] Ponying colt - karen parker

Hi Everyone,
   I pony a lot of different horses down the trail. I start in the round pen to teach the horse where I want it to stay-nose even with my knee and about 2 feet away. I adjust the speed on the horse I am riding to get that and click and reward the instant the horse being ponied is in the right spot. Repeat several times until the horse gets the idea. I use voice cues (walk, whoa, trot) so both horses know what I want. Usually a couple of sessions in the round pen and arena and they are pretty good so I venture down the road. Hope this helps, Karen Parker