[RC] Gaited horses - Juli Bechard

You want funny, I showed up at a team penning event on my Paso Fino in an english saddle and wearing my helmet.  It was all I had.  Everyone was very nice, however, I kept hearing whispering behind me, and they very nicely paired me up with a 10 year old and an 11 year old to team pen with.  The kids were great, and let me do whatever I wanted too.  I think perhaps they wanted to see me fall off.  Hehe.  Anyway, we blast down to the end of the arena, scattered the cows, and got them into the pen in the second fastest time of the night.  Not bad for a little Paso with an english saddle.  Alpine had a blast, and so did I.  After we rode out, an old cowboy who looked kind of like leather came up to me and said that everyone here was waiting to see my horse dump me on my head, cause those speedy footed horses (his words) aren’t supposed to be good for anything but a horse show.  However, they were all very impressed with Alpine…more so after I let a couple of them ride Al, and they figured out how smooth he was (I had to put one of their western saddles on him, they wouldn’t get in my english saddle).  It’s a shame they don’t do team penning around here anymore….

Juli and the Herd

Alpine and Merlin, who are both wishing it would stop raining for at least a day so they can dry off.