Re: [RC] GSFTR - Stacy Sadar

Yes Keith...much better than those Arabs!  Alot closer to the barrel and fast enough to beat a couple of QH friends who for some reason won't talk to me any more!  ha  Mine was so calm going in that no one thought he'd run.  At poles, I accidently lined him up so all he saw was one pole, so when I kissed to go, he turned and looked at me like "WHAT?"  Had to move him over a bit so he could see all of them.  Then off we went.  Had a blast.  Thought I might give him a whirl at team penning...if I can get him in an arena with a cow!

Stacy

Keith Kibler <kwkibler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stacy Sadar wrote:

> Keith said: Cold sholdering does happen in all groups, shoot even
> churchs. The
> test is how you respond to it and it sounds like the cowboy did
> perfect in trying to help
> others. That is the way to go imho, oh, and also to do your best to
> perform way over expectations of others.
>
> I got to agree with you Keith. I took my grey (white) arab to barrel
> races a few times. The only Arab there...with no tie down, a snaffle
> bit, and looking as pretty as could be. All I got was "you ridin that
> thing with that bit?" and laughing to follow. Well, after a real
> pretty ride at poles and barrels....looked good on video and I didn't
> think anything of it since I was there for the fun and something
> different for my Arab to do. I ended up fast enough that I had all
> those same people came back to me saying, "geeze, that Arab is FAST
> and he sure looks pretty doin' it!" The next time I came, no one said
> anything negative! They never expected it one of those crazy Arabs
> could do something other than spook! One thing for sure...I'll never
> knock over a barrel. He keeps his eye on that thing close enough to
> make the turn but will never touch that big monster! lol
>
> Stacy

Stacy
An arabian at barrels? I bet you did better than my buddy who was on
my twh, this is just after his first LD:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v106/kkibler/Horses/?action="">
or than I did on a mftr (the same one that I do endurance)
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v106/kkibler/Horses/?action="">
I think I will stick to endurance. Does it help to close the door to the
arena? The white horse kept heading out the door.
Keith