Re: [RC] GSFTR - Keith Kibler

Stacy Sadar wrote:

Keith said: Cold sholdering does happen in all groups, shoot even churchs. The
test is how you respond to it and it sounds like the cowboy did perfect in trying to help
others. That is the way to go imho, oh, and also to do your best to perform way over expectations of others.
I got to agree with you Keith. I took my grey (white) arab to barrel races a few times. The only Arab there...with no tie down, a snaffle bit, and looking as pretty as could be. All I got was "you ridin that thing with that bit?" and laughing to follow. Well, after a real pretty ride at poles and barrels....looked good on video and I didn't think anything of it since I was there for the fun and something different for my Arab to do. I ended up fast enough that I had all those same people came back to me saying, "geeze, that Arab is FAST and he sure looks pretty doin' it!" The next time I came, no one said anything negative! They never expected it one of those crazy Arabs could do something other than spook! One thing for sure...I'll never knock over a barrel. He keeps his eye on that thing close enough to make the turn but will never touch that big monster! lol
Stacy

Stacy
An arabian at barrels? I bet you did better than my buddy who was on my twh, this is just after his first LD:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v106/kkibler/Horses/?action=view&current=ChuckBrls.jpg

or than I did on a mftr (the same one that I do endurance)
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v106/kkibler/Horses/?action=view&current=KeithBrls.jpg

I think I will stick to endurance. Does it help to close the door to the arena? The white horse kept heading out the door.
Keith