[RC] Thanks - Chipnml

Thanks for all the notes of congratulations on Dezi's and my first 100.  It's just starting to sink in.  I was very lucky for many reasons.  This ride was only 2 hours away, so there was very little travel stress on Dezi.  The ride was wonderfully managed by Sarah Maas, this being only her second year managing, and her FIRST to manage a 100.  We had beautiful weather; although it was very warm for late September in MN (around 90), we did have an almost full moon, and no rain.  There were only three of us doing the 100 and we all rode together and got along well.  We were especially lucky to have Dana Maas, the RM's daughter with us, who helped mark trail and was able to guide us in the dark!  Although I didn't have any crew, all the checks were back in camp, and people helped when they could.  My neighbors-for-the-weekend, Mary Lambert and Sheryl O'Brien took charge at the last hold, making me sit down and taking care of Dezi.  Actually I felt fine at that point, but when I saw a picture of myself sitting there, looking like death-warmed-over, I see why they were so insistant.  For the last loop, which was 20 miles, Dezi was really charged up, and I felt great too.  There were a bunch of people who met us at a couple different spots and had oats for the horses, and snacks for us waiting.  That was so thoughtful, and I was really touched that they would charge around in the middle of the night for us.  I would like to apologize to Van and Dana for singing all those silly songs, and especially to Van, who wasn't feeling very well the last loop.  I kept babbling about how WONDERFUL I felt, and how I wasn't tired at all, and wasn't this great, and didn't the moonlight look beautiful.  Finally, when no one was answering, and Van and Dana kept pulling ahead of me, I decided I should just shut up.