From: Sky Carrithers
Subject: Equine Immersion Course in Patagonia

Dear friends and horse people,

I would like to introduce this years Equine Immersion Course which I am putting on in January of 2008. I invite you all to visit www.ranquilco.com for a detailed description and pictures. I kindly ask you to please forward it on to any people you know that may like to come to our estancia in Patagonia for 3 weeks of horse centered fun and a complete immersion in a culture and life style that lives by, and depends on horses.

We are fortunate, once again, to be joined by Alejandro Solanet for a 10 day clinic. His colt starting and training techniques are a combination of mastery and magic. He will also be available for professional horse shoeing classes and instruction in the traditional rawhide leather work of the Argentine gauchos. Ale makes it all very fun and bases his techniques on serious study and the cumulative experience of the Solanet lineage with horses. (The Solanet family is credited with establishing the Criollo breed of horses.)

This year´s Immersion will be bolstered by the presence of two veterinarians, Darlene and Theresa, who will be participating in the Immersion as well as presenting a wealth of horse-based veterinerian knowledge.

One of the highlights of the course is a 4-5 day horse packing trip into the Andean Cordillera where the Patagonian steppe landscape of the estancia transitions into its high mountain crossings, volcanoes, glacial lakes and bubbling freshwater springs all along the border of Chile.

Ideally one would have some previous horse experience, however the course is open to all levels of riders as we have well trained horses and are able to accomodate all skill levels. We intend to provide the most fun, flexible, and interesting experience for the variety of guests involved this coming season.

At the conclusion of our course guests may stay on at the estancia, or attend the "Rural" (Provincial Fair) in nearby Junin de Los Andes. I will have a couple of Quarter horse stud colts to show this year (if all goes well). The Rural is a great experience; very fun with all of the estancieros bringing all of their prized animals to compete in games and competitions. Also, it is a rare opportunity to find and purchase some of the finest examples of the traditional gaucho tack, local Mapuche weavings, and hand made knives from the many booths and vendors throughout the week.

I thank you all (in advance) for any interest you might generate, and am looking forwarding to making this first course entirely run by myself, as successful as possible.

Sky

Alixandra Sky Carrithers Estancia Ranquilco El Huecu S/N Provincia Neuquen 8349 Argentina Cel: o11 54 02942 469207