Re: [RC] tack junkie - jen

This is me to a tee!!!  And,  I haven't even ridden in a ride, yet.
Jen and Banjo
----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Paus
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 3:05 PM
Subject: [RC] tack junkie

OK, it's all your fault. I used to be a fairly simple equestrian. Two horses, two saddles, two bridles. two pads, two halters and leads

It was enough. It was plenty. Didn't take up much space on the porch.

THEN

I started endurance/ctr. And became a tack junkie. I couldn't get enough pads, saddles, girths, bridles, water bottle holders, saddle packs, seat savers, sponges, well you know the drill.

I just cleaned out the tack room today, threw out a bunch of old stuff, packed up some for a friend, and still was aghast at what I had in there!

8 English girths
4 western girths
more bridles than I can count.... leather, biothane, braided, in orange, green, red, black, brown
6 saddles, not counting the one at the consignment shop for sale
Pads??? OMG, I could open a tack store
Stirrup leathers in black, brown, leather, biothane
Stirrups in English, western and special endurance kinds
Bits... oh can we say snaffle, curb, mullen mouth, steel, copper, happy mouth.. bits with rollers, bits without rollers....
Halters in leather, nylon, turnout style, rope style, fancy Arabian ones

but dang, I have only two sponges on strings! But I haven't started cleaning out the trailer yet. I'm sure I'll find more tack treasures in there!

so, when a newbie asks me: Do you need any special tack for endurance riding?

I grin an evil grin and say, "No, you dont' NEEEEED anything special, buttttttttttt.........."

"The world is what you make of it, friend. If it doesn't fit, you make alterations." Stella, Silverado

Chris

Be a PS3 game guru.