Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.4599 water in winter - Chipnml

If you have reliable electricity, a stock tank and stock tank heater are a big help, or you can get heated containers running from 5 gallon buckets to a 20 gallon "tub" (looks like a muck bucket).  Living in MN, below-freezing temps are a way of life for pretty much half the year, and I have all three.  When I was out in California this summer, people were asking me what I did in the winter when it got so cold, and when I mentioned stock tank heaters, they were amazed.  Boy I wish I lived in an area where stuff like that was unheard of!  Of course they were also asking me if it was true that we actually plugged our cars in during the winter (yes, they are little heaters that keep the engine block warm so the car starts in the morning, but we unplug them before we drive off....unless our brains are also frozen), and if people really do drag little houses onto the ice and fish through a little hole a la "Grumpy Old Men."  Well, some people do....I personally can't see the appeal to that!

Chip