Re: [RC] Morgan horse update:-) - Linda Mirams

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 08:58:22 -0500, Amy wrote
You guys are just awesome, thank you so much for for helping these horses.
I think the sparkle in the eyes says it all!

Amy

Hi
Please forward to others.
A Huge thankyou to everyone. With the money promised and the money already
gifted we can take care of the horses now. This started out as an
overwhelming project and is now coming to an end with a happy ending. I wish
I could HUG each and every person who helped...
I will be talking with her about placing the foals from this spring for sale
as weanlings. She said she would not breed the mares at all this year.
Money that is left over I would like to donate to a rescue organization in
Alberta...
The up side to this is the Morgan Breeders in this Province are now looking
into forming a Morgan rescue group.
We were so lucky to find good homes for these horses.
I will post an updated list of horses on the web page Sunday night.
Thanks again!!!
Paddi

With all the wonderful work that has gone on here, I hate to be the
one to bring it up, but are the rescuers going to transfer these
horses' papers?  Once these horses change hands, if their papers
are not transferred through the Canadian Morgan Horse Association,
they are no longer registered Morgans.

Perhaps the Canadian Morgan association could donate the transfers?
(The owner-of-record must sign!)

The American Morgan Horse Assocation has full reciprocity with
Canada, so if the Canadian registry accepts the transfer, it should
be OK with AMHA, too.

It's just that there's so much wonderful old heirloom Morgan bloodlines
in Canada that one finds in the most unexpected places, I'd hate to
see it dead-ended and lost to the breed because of one mischance
in the long heritage of these horses.

Linda