[RC] Tejon Mud Day 2 - Vchorsegal

What a gorgeous ride, but there were several miles on Day 2 that were a freshly made trail by a track layer, very steep up and down in sections and a couple of inches of rain turned it into mush- walk 5 steps, sip back 4, etc.  i got off & hiked/crawled/skied  much of it, gasping for breath- ( I love this sport  ) I really wanted to do all 3 days and I figured a horse could really pull muscles this way. This was the worst patch, and the LD's were lucky enough to not have to do it. Day 3 was splendid with great footing. Still and all- Day 2 was no more stressful/painful than all day at a shopping mall !
- Heidi Helly