[RC] Tejon Fandango / Susan G. - Bobbie Lieberman

Has anyone heard how Susan Garlinghouse is doing?  The info I got at
the ride was that her horse slipped and fell in the mud, she broke
her arm, and was going into surgery.  I didn't get any other
updates.  Anybody have anything more current?

I was at the vet check crewing and doing P&Rs when the news came in. It had been raining intermittently for hours and the trails had become very slick. A fellow rider ponied her horse back in and the mare appeared to be fine. Charlene Lewis had ridden her and completed day 1, SuG was riding day 2, and Charlene was to take the mare out again on day 3. We were devastated to hear about this accident in slippery going.

On a happier note, my "charges" --- Nancy Reed and daughter Danielle -- completed days 1 and 2 in fine order. Nancy and her NSH mare Jazzi finished their first *and* second 50s of their career, and Dani and her little gray wonder mare Lyric added two more 50s (actually a 50 and a 55) to their record. Lyric's Easy Boots, no foam, stayed on perfectly both days. She was sponsored by Marilyn Smart from Arizona riding her young Morgan mare Excalibur Annakate. BTW, Dani is looking for a sponsor for Manzanita on the 50.

As Lynne noted, the ride was in a spectacular setting --- oak-studded hillsides, lots of wildlife and soaring red-tails. The Tejon ranch folks seemed happy to have us there and hopefully this ride will become an annual affair.

Please join me in sending Sue healing thoughts for a very speedy recovery!

Bobbie