Re: [RC] Re-issue of old Disney horse movies - a.hoins

How about "Hang Your Hat On The Wind"

Ann and Smokey

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:46:27 -0700 (PDT) Beth Leggieri <trailyaya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So how is this related to endurance? These movies affected many of us as children, lighting up our imagination and creating in us a desire to learn about horses, have adventures with horses, and ****get outside the house and go outdoors and be REAL kids****! Some of us had to wait for years in order to do that, but I just bet the lasting effect of Sunday evenings' Disney horse movies played a part in our desire to be on the trail.
Am thinking that for those children in present time not fortunate enough to have access to a rural lifestyle or the funds necessary for an urban horse lifestyle, at least they could be exposed to horse lore through these old Disney releases and who knows, some day they might want to hit the trail, too. I would just love to get these movies re-issued and available to our current youngster population!
I can't seem to find a vendor with inventory of the classic old Disney horse movies so I tried this from Disney's website: http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/moviefinder/titlesaz/a-d.html
Anyone else wanting to build their personal libraries of horse movies suitable for children/grandchildren -- or perhaps interested in ordering them for their local library's movie collection!--? Just a short selection:
Run Appaloosa Run
Horse of the West Stormy the Thoroughbred
The Littlest Outlaw
The Horse with the Flying Tail
Cristobolito the Calypso Colt (about a Paso Fino, takes place in Puerto Rico)
If you go to this site, a complete anthology of Wonderful World of Disney is available (to jog our memories):
http://www.billcotter.com/tvbook/appendix-b.htm
Happy hunting and reliving great memories!
Beth in Texas