  From: Beth Leggieri
  To: ridecamp
  Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 5:46 PM
  Subject: [RC] Re-issue of old Disney horse movies

  So how is this related to endurance?  These movies
affected many of us as children, lighting up our
imagination and creating in us a desire to learn about
horses, have adventures with horses, and ****get outside
the house and go outdoors and be REAL kids****!  Some of
us had to wait for years in order to do that, but I just
bet the lasting effect of Sunday evenings' Disney horse
movies played a part in our desire to be on the trail.

  Am thinking that for those children in present time not
fortunate enough to have access to a rural lifestyle or
the funds necessary for an urban horse lifestyle, at
least they could be exposed to horse lore through these
old Disney releases and who knows, some day they might
want to hit the trail, too.  I would just love to get
these movies re-issued and available to our current
youngster population!

  I can't seem to find a vendor with inventory of the
classic old Disney horse movies so I tried this from
Disney's website:

http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/moviefinder/titlesaz/a-d.html

  Anyone else wanting to build their personal libraries
of horse movies suitable for children/grandchildren -- or
perhaps interested in ordering them for their local
library's movie collection!--?  Just a short selection:
  Run Appaloosa Run
  Horse of the West
  Stormy the Thoroughbred
  The Littlest Outlaw
  The Horse with the Flying Tail
  Cristobolito the Calypso Colt (about a Paso Fino, takes
place in Puerto Rico)

  If you go to this site, a complete anthology of
Wonderful World of Disney is available (to jog our
memories):
  http://www.billcotter.com/tvbook/appendix-b.htm

  Happy hunting and reliving great memories!

  Beth in Texas

  Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight?
Preview the hottest shows on Yahoo! TV.

Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
http://sims.yahoo.com/