Re: [RC] suicide race - guilty by association - CTH

I bet it is the rodeo that brings in the tourists. No rodeo  and the race would probably go away.
The PRCA is guilty by association. You are judged by the company you keep. How many times did your mom say that to you?
If you allow abuse to go on without taking action then you are as guilty as the abuser.
Just because it is historical does not mean it has a right to continue!
Write the PRCA and the Band Counsel.
my 2 Canadian 2 cents worth that today is worth the same as USD 2 cents worth

Cut from the article
Although the Omak Suicide Race originated as an offshoot of the Omak Stampede, an annual rodeo, many do not recognize the race as a normal or customary rodeo event. Last year, HSUS staff, accompanied by veterinary professionals, witnessed this deadly ?race.?

Heidi wrote:

That said, I was pretty disgusted by the HSUS's suggestion that the PRCA can do anything about it--they even admitted in their article that the suicide race no longer has anything to do with the suicide race.  Connecting them to it is about as absurd as connecting, say, the AERC to it...