Re: [RC] GSFTR - Susan

My friend, Laura,

Once again you show wisdom beyond your years and great insight!  I wasn't a fan of this ride to begin with.  But, a ride like this has to start somewhere.  It will get better from here on out with the dedication of folks like you and all the others that stepped up to help.

I would like to see the word "ride" promoted instead of "race".  Maybe it would have helped this year...maybe not.  It doesn't matter now.  In the future, I think a change in vocabulary will help the perception we give.  I agree with your point; AERC's involvement only helped this ride!

As you and others have pointed out, this is really a new concept.  It needs a lot of work; at least now we have something to work with!  This is an exciting time for all horse enthusiasts as well as AERC.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Laura.  Hope to see you soon.

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan Young, The Princess of Pink
Your Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)